Friday, September 05, 2014

Our awesome family reunion

Every 2 years we do a family reunion with my whole family, all 4 parents and everything. We are very blessed that our blended family vacations together and we appreciate our parents so much for allowing this to happen.
We all look forward to them so much and can't wait to spend 4 days hanging with the fam. We stayed in Sunriver at a pretty rockin' house that had rooms for everyone. 

 We had a few activities and also some down time to just chill. The weather was a little cooler than I had anticipated, in the mid 70's during the day but at night and in the early morning it was down in the 40's.
Bria and Aunt Abby hangin' out

Jax and Papa (my step dad)

Porter man!
We have the meals down to a fine science. Each family signs up for two meals and they bring all the groceries needed for it. Makes it super nice and it's fun to have some different meals.
Kayla and Lance working hard in the kitchen

Kailey doing Reese's hair for me :)
It was amazing having so many helpers. The Jensen kids along with Abby and Cassidy were incredible and did so much. Aside from entertaining the kiddos, they watched our girls and Jax one evening so the adults could go out. They put our girls to bed and everything! Fabulous!!

Anna (step mom), Jenny, Dad, Jaime, and Brian watching some hilarious ice bucket fails
 The ice bucket challenge was in full effect while we were there, we pretty much all got nominated and Bria even wanted in on the action.
Ice cream cone break!



 One of my favorite things was just to sit on the back porch with a drink in hand and chat with my familia.
Reese and Jax in deep conversations

Strike a pose (Jaime and Jaidyn)
 We measured and Jaidyn is just about taller than Jaime! It was only a matter of time before her kids passed her up. :)
Dad, Schuyler, and Abby

Tegners in the kitchen!

Lollipops are the best

Brian and Schuyler....and Jaime :)
It was so fun to see all the little relationships grow while we were there. Jax is pretty enamored with Porter.



Reese shows her affection through violence...awesome

Who's da man? JAX MAN!
My little Reese was very cuddly the whole time with all her family. It was a nice change from our last reunion where she only wanted me.
Loving on her Uncle Lance
 Bria and Jax and Reese were all pretty cute together, they coined a great new dance called, "Beh Frenz" translation: Best Friends!
Jumping on the bed
One day we went to the little water park, Sharc. It was fun but definitely wish it was warmer out!
Cassidy and Jaidyn in line for the slide

Swimming fun!

A sister run!!! Kayla was asleep and since she's pregnant we didn't want to wake her!
We did a little photo shoot for HP while we were there since my mom's work group is in charge of marketing and such. It was kind of fun to feel like a celebrity ;) We also got free family photos out of the deal!! Wahoo!
Yaya and Jax

Big kids play too!

Me and my mini me
Schuyler and Porter
 We spent a lot of time just playing in the driveway and cul de sac, that's usually where we have the most fun.



Reese and Kailey


Yaya and her Bria

Love my Dad!

She loves her silly Grandpa

I also loved floating the river, definitely in my top 3. 
I can't say enough about how much I love my family. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: