Monday, September 08, 2014

And so it begins...

My baby went to school today. 
She couldn't wait for today to come and in her eyes it took forever. In my eyes?
In my eyes she was this a few days ago...


 And now she is this...


As I walked her to the lobby to meet up with her teacher and other students, she was all smiles and didn't seem nervous at all. When her teacher told the kids to give their parents one last goodbye, I choked back the tears as best I could. 

She gave me a hug and sweet little kiss and then they got in a line and all looked back to give one last wave, the tears nearly spilled over at that point but I held my cool.



Apparently my phone mimicked my own blurry eyes
I walked to the car excited for her, hoping it would be a positive experience and one that would set a good tone for her for school.
When I picked her up I was very happy to see her confidently walking in line with the class and waiting patiently until she was dismissed. She talked all the way home about how fun it was and how much she loved and couldn't wait to go back. I was beaming! 
We celebrated with chocolate M&M cookies as an after school snack.

Thumbs up for Mom :)
I'm so grateful it went well today and hope it continues that way. Big stuff happening here, class of 2027 started school today people!

No comments: