Sunday, July 13, 2014

So it's hot, really hot

We've already had some upper 90's days here and next week it's suppose to reach 100. Gulp. We don't have AC (the only bad thing about our new house) and it's a full time job trying to keep the house cool. But, I do love me some summer sunshine so I'm no complaining...too much.

This is a candybar that was in our pantry....that's how hot it's been in our house

Hot weather calls for margaritas!

Heather and her mini me
 We've done a lot of swimming so far this summer, all our friends either have a neighborhood pool or their own and are more than willing to share with us. My fishy girls are incredibly grateful, as am I.
Penny got her hair did by Bria
 Speaking of swimming, Bria's swim classes end next week. She has done a great job and made some improvements. I talked with her instructor and the main things she needs to work on are her arm strokes and being comfortable without her goggles. So no goggles for lessons next week. She did mention how comfortable she is under water.
Bria's tap lessons are going well and she is loving it. I'm looking forward to her last class where they put on a little show :)

Reese has been a challenging two year old. For the most part she is such a happy go lucky girl with a hilarious personality. But then she throws these impressive tantrums over the smallest things. It is absolutely exhausting, she does it all day long and nothing I do seems to help. At a certain point I feel like screaming and kicking right along with her. Also, her and Bria are going through some sibling fighting right now and I'm on the edge of losing it altogether. Bria whines, Reese teases, Bria cries, Reese laughs, repeat all day long. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom but sheesh, these girls are going to send me to the looney bin! Add that to the fact Brian traveled this week and I was a hot mess.
I think I need to send one of them to a grandparents house for a couple days, isn't that what you do when your kids are acting out? I think it sounds like a great solution :)

No comments: