Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Brave


 Last Thursday I was at my wits end, Brian had gotten home late the night before from his business trip but went in early and worked late. I couldn't take it anymore so I took all 3 girls swimming by myself. I'm crazy, and it could've gone terribly wrong but I had to get out of our hot house and keep the girls entertained so they would stop fighting.
Fortunately it all went well and in my favor. The girls played happily in the water and we all cooled down a bit. I felt pretty brave (ie crazy) taking 3 kiddos swimming by myself but we were desperate.


Although it's been challenging with my littles lately, we've also had spurts of fun and laughter. One afternoon we picked peas from her little garden and then just goofed off in the backyard. It felt good to have fun with them :)
They do love each other, praise the Lord!

My oldest, so sweet

Sillyness

Heavenly
I pray I'm doing right by them. I want to raise girls who are kind, loving, generous, and confident. And these days it feels like I'm failing in every single category.
I've never been one with a lot of patience, it's just not wired in me. So being a Mom has been a true test of patience and I've had more now than I ever thought I would. That being said, it still doesn't feel like enough, ya know? I try not to compare but sometimes I feel like everyone around me is more patient and I wonder how they do it. Darn social media, always making me feel incompetent!
I'm just trying to focus on the happy times and doing MY best, controlling what I can and accepting what I can't. That's a hard lesson...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you do a post on budget as a stay at home mom? I'm trying to figure out how to afford to stay at home and there's just not that much "real" information out there. Thanks!