Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Carving 'em up

I normally am not a huge fan of carving pumpkins. It's messy, and time consuming, and I'm not very good at it. However, it's still fun to do for decorating purposes and it's another excuse to have fun with friends.
I thought it would be fun for the girls to paint theirs since carving is a little out of their league right now. It was messy and Brian wasn't a fan of my idea.
 So we washed them off and put the paint away.
Mr. Bennett getting the guts out of his pumpkin

Pumpkin guts!
I took an hour to do the smallest, simplest pumpkin. Hence why I don't normally do one.

My simple pumpkin man
 Brian did a bat (my camera died before I got a picture of it) and Dusty did like 3 pumpkins in the amount of time I did one.
So the next day I decided to do a really good one. I printed a Tinkerbell pattern and went to work. Surprisingly it didn't take me too long at all, and it turned out cute. Score!

 It looks better in person, it's hard to capture a picture of a pumpkin...for me anyway.

The finished product, our pumpkins lining the walk way.
Continuing the crazy Halloween week was Bria's preschool party today. All the kiddos dressed up and some of the moms did fun little games for the kids.

Bria and her friends, Channing, and Meaza

Reese mooching Oreo cookies off the kids

Rug time, I love that Reese went and joined them

Her latest love is trains

Going fishing

It's not a real party without tattoos!
 The kids got nice and sugared up! My plan this year is to let them go crazy with candy and treats until Halloween is over. Usually I'm a bit of a stickler but I'm going to try and let loose this year.
My girls with the Inukai girls

Bria loves little Charleigh

The babies
And this afternoon we have a party at Brian's work, whew! The fun never ends :)

No comments: