Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween through the years

2009: Ladybug


 2010: Flower


 2011: Tinkerbell and a flower



2012: Rapunzel and Pink Bunny


2013: Cowgirl and Minnie Mouse


The girls had a blast trick or treating last night and so did we. We went to the Buell's and did a big group thing which was awesome. Auntie Heather came along with the Inukai's, we had quite the gang of cute kiddos.
After every single house, Bria would run out and yell, "I said Thank you and Happy Halloween!" then show me what they gave her. When she got a really big candy or two pieces she would conclude that it was because she used such good manners. She kills me. Reese started copying her sister and started saying the same thing. She also would say, "Next one!" after leaving the house. The girls actually did pretty well and lasted longer than I expected. I think a lot of that was due to the incredible weather we had. It didn't rain and it wasn't even that cold. Best Halloween weather I can ever remember.
So yeah, Halloween was a success and so much fun. I think the group was definitely the way to go, us parents had a blast and we had tons of adults to keep tabs on the kids. Amanda was smart and got some reflectors so we put those on the back of the kids just to be safe. Brian and I were so spoiled to have Heather there to help, she took Reese to a bunch of houses while we stayed back. It was nice and relaxing  :)
We all went back to the Buell's and ate a bunch of candy. My plan to let the girls go crazy with candy totally worked. Bria had like 3 pieces and then said she was full and didn't want any more. Unheard of for her. Reese just had a sucker. Of course, they both enjoyed a cupcake after.
It was a great Halloween and now we are all hung over from our sugar high.

No comments: