Monday, November 27, 2006

~Wonderful Thanksgiving~
~~~

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday it was! The weekend was very relaxing and we spent time with family and friends.
~
Wednesday night we had our friends Travis and Sarah come over and we played the Newlywed game, I have never played the actual game and man does it have some tough questions! We ended up not keeping score, just asking questions and having fun with the answers :-)
~
Thursday we slept in nice and late which felt so good! Since we had only one destination that day, my mom's house, we were able to take it easy and enjoy the day. We ate delicious food at my mom's and Brian made his dad's corn casserole that was a hit. Dessert was to die for! There were 2 kinds:
1. Brownie and chocolate pudding topped with whip cream and raspberries, yum!
2. My mom's famous crisp. She has mixes berries with a delcious crisp that has oatmeal in it, it is definitely my favorite and I am going to have to learn how to make it!
After dinner we played a card game and my brother helped me put a bunch of songs on my iPod (thanks Lance!). We had such a good time!
~
Friday was the infamous Civil War: OSU vs. Oregon. Well I am sorry to any Oregon Ducks out there but GO BEAVS! Now, it was not a blow out game by any means, we won by 2 points, but it is still a victory and I could not be happier! The last minute was intense, we were ahead by 2 points with 1 minute to go and Oregon had the ball, they went for a field goal kick, just a 40 yard one. If that were us and our kicker, Alexis Serna, it would be no problem, but Oregon's kicker had already missed 3 field goals! I almost couldn't watch as the kicker went forward, but I saw through my squinted eyes the ball hit the goal post and bounce out, whew! BEAVERS WIN!!!!! Man, did we scream, we watched the game at a local sports park and the whole place was screaming. Very exhilarating!
After the game we met Brian's mom and older sister at Cirello's for some pizza. We had a good time catching up and talking about our amazing win.
~
Saturday we went back to my mom's house to spend time with my sister Jenny and her boyfriend Kyle (they spent Thanksgiving with Kyle's parents so this was our family Thanksgiving), and Lance and Ali (Lance's girlfriend). We had left over's and played cards. My mom also let me take some Christmas decorations since all of our's got stolen last year in our campus apartment storage unit. We want to wait to buy decorations until after Christmas, but I still want some since we are hosting the annual Christmas gift exchange (more on that later).
~
After my mom's house we went and got our very first Christmas tree as a married couple! Sounds corny but man were we excited! We got a 7 foot Noble Fir and it is gorgeous :) We took it home and began decorating. We bought some pretty red and gold ornaments from Target that we put on it along with some gold bows. The rest of the tree was filled with ornaments from my childhood. My grandparents on my dad's side give all the grandchildren an ornament for Christmas until they are 18, so I have 18 ornaments and they all have such a good memory. We reminisced about our family traditions and what we envision for our kids. After we were all done we took a step back and enjoyed our beautiful tree. It really is goregous and we are very proud. I will post pictures a little later. After a review of the weekend we both decided that was our favorite part, we love smelling the tree and I can't help but feel grown up for having my very own nicely decorated tree.
~
Christmas Gift Exchange Party:
This is a tradition that Brian's friends started many years ago and I have enjoyed going to the past 2 years. This is also known as the Chinese Gift Exchange: Everyone brings a wrapped present and puts it in the middle of the room. We all draw a number and open presents in the order you draw, the catch is that you can steal someone else's present instead of opening a present. But a present can only be stolen 3 times and then it is locked. We always have a good time and people bring some good stuff! So Brian and I are hosting it this year and I am so thrilled, a little nervous because I want everyone to have a good time, but excited nonetheless.
~
Well, I better go before this post gets any longer! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: