Monday, August 17, 2015

Oh those summer days


Although this summer has been busy, its seemed pretty long. Probably because our summer weather started in May (usually it starts in July). We have had a few cloudy days lately and it's been a nice break from the 90 + days. 

At the park with the Inukai girls while Bria was at school, shhh, don't tell her!

I love how kids hold hands
Bria officially changed her smile drastically, goodbye front tooth!

This was a bit traumatic. She did not want to pull it until it was super lose, which made eating painful. She would muster up some courage, have me tie dental floss around it and then freak out. She would beg me to take the floss off but NOT pull her tooth. I wasn't sure I would be able to but I wanted to gain her trust so somehow I manage to loosen the floss and then ever so carefully cut off the floss. This happened 3 times... 3 TIMES. Finally it was loose enough and after I tied it on she requested me to leave her alone. So I did.
3 seconds later she calmly but excitedly exclaimed, "I did it."
I could instantly tell a change in her demeanor, she really had been all sorts of stressed and worried about pulling her tooth out. Oh boy, with this only being her 4th tooth out, it's going to be a long road. 



The other day I took Reese to the dermatologist. I had her birth mark looked at when she was about a year and a half, just to make sure it looked normal. They said it did but to come back and have it checked to make sure it was growing at a normal rate. Well because we switched insurance I couldn't go back to the same place, which was fine, I didn't have a special tie to it. Anyway, I finally made an appointment and got her in.
The little robes kill me, I should've put it in my purse and taken it home!
The doctor said right away she wasn't worried about it. Even after looking at it with her special tool (that looks like a kaleidoscope) she was very definite that it was nothing to be concerned about. Completely benign and even the different freckles inside are totally fine. No need to keep checking it unless it drastically changes. Phew!
Here are some pictures of it over the years:

If you can stop looking at those incredible eyes or adorable lips, good luck ;)

It was definitely a lot lighter when she was a baby

Now its darker and bigger
It doesn't bother her and when little kids ask what it is she has no problem telling them. She's like, "It's a birthmark, duh." haha. Glad it's nothing to worry about and we love her cutie mark :)

No comments: