Monday, March 09, 2009

Oh, now I get it

So now I know what everyone was talking about when they said the first few weeks were a little rough. We are still adjusting to the night time routine, which involves Bria being wide awake at her 3 am feeding. Plus, Brian went back to work today, ugh. Can you believe I didn't cry last night or this morning? I can't, I thought for sure Bria and I would be crying together, but we have held it together.
In fact, she was really happy this morning and sat in her boppy trying to talk, it was adorable. I sang her some songs then gave her a bath which she liked and of course I love the smell of a freshly bathed baby. And to top it off Brian called and his schedule is a little different at work, resulting in him being home a little more! Man, it's been a good Monday so far and I am very grateful for that. I've even showered today, score.
The evening is definitely her fussy time, Daddy has a knack for calming her down though. She also likes her swing and the music that it plays so that's been a huge life saver when we both need to give our arms a little rest.

Let's see, she has had 2 appointments so far and she passed her birth weight in one week! Did I already mention that? Anyway, at her appointment last Thursday she was just over 8 pounds, I am so relieved to know that feeding is going so well. She only eats for 10 minutes on one side at each feeding, but apparently that is enough. Normally you are suppose to feed for 10-15 on each side so I was worried, but since she is gaining weight I don't think I'll stress over that...I'll find something else to stress about. Like her vomiting. She has full on projectile vomited about 4 times and I absolutely hate it, it scares me to death. One time it even came out her nose and I thought I was going to pass out. The funny thing is that it doesn't affect her at all, she is completely fine with it. I talked to the doctor about it and she said since it's not a daily thing it's probably fine, but we'll keep an eye on it. I notice her spit up is a little worse after she feeds on the right side so I pumped on that side to see why, sure enough the milk comes out like Niagra Falls.
Alright, enough talk, let's get to some pictures.

Proud Daddy and his daughter


Her shirt says: I'll Always Be Grandma's Sweetie (courtesy of Marna's friends):

Loving those baby blues

She loves to stick her tongue out

Heather and Amy came down this weekend and we were so excited to see them. Here is Amy holding her:

Proud Aunt Heather

Just being a cutie:

Alright, I better go, it's time to feed her again!

11 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

She is just so stinking sweet! You did good Lins!

L said...

She is too cute! i think she looks a lot like you Lu, which means she will be a knock out:)Better get ready for the bars on the windows & a door with a padlock on it. LOL

Molly said...

She's just beautiful! I love the picture with the proud father.

ALC Wedding Photography said...

congrats!!! she is soo cute!

Brandi said...

I am so in love with her! Gorgeous!!!

Danielle said...

Look at those eyes! She is just gorgeous!!

flojat said...

Aaagggh! I want to pinch those cheeks! She's gorgeous, hun!

Sarah said...

Congrats Lulu, she's gorgeous and you're doing a FANTASTIC job! Great job keeping up on the breastfeeding; that's not easy so you should be really proud.

Sniff

Kerri said...

Lulu, I am so glad that things are going well for you! She is just a doll! Look at those lips! Enjoy your time with her!

Jenn said...

She is so lovely! It is hard to understand what everyone means by "rough in the beginning" but I think we all figure it out pretty quickly as new parents. Sounds like you are doing a great job! I am so happy that BFing is going well for you. We got the paci at Babies R us. They had a pack of pink and purple :)

Kris and MaLanie said...

She is a beautiful baby!! You are a great mother Linds! I really want to come visit you and Bria. I will give you a call to see when would be good for you guys. My mom bought an outfit for Bria that I need to give to you. Love you!