Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Holcomb: Party of 3





In case you don't read the baby blog, our little Bria has arrived and we are thrilled to pieces. She is almost 2 weeks old now and I can't believe it. Things are going well here at home, Brian has to go back to work next week but let's not talk about that right now.
We have spent the last week and a half getting to know our newest addition and trying to figure out when to sleep :) She is a good baby (knock on wood) we just need to switch her night and day schedule-which I think is the case for most newborns.
Her first appointment was last week and it went well, she is already over her birth weight! She is my champion feeder. Last Saturday was her first big outing, we went to my sister's for my nephews birthday celebration. She did really well and just slept in everyone's arms.
Other than that we have just been hanging around the house, running errands every once and awhile.

Now that my pregnancy is over I won't really be updating the other blog since the purpose was to capture the journey of the pregnancy. So this blog will now be turned into Bria central ;) I can't help it, she's our whole world now.

The first week home went pretty well, a little rough in the beginning. Since we read all the books on parenting we tried to get a routine set up from the start. We would put her in her bassinet after feedings and she would either cry or only sleep for an hour. Needless to say that first night home we barely slept. So after talking to my mom, sister, and the home nurse we decided to relax and do whatever worked as far as sleeping. It went much smoother after that. We had her sleep on our chest or right next to us in bed. At first we really didn't want to do this because we didn't want to develop that habit, but we were reassured that this early in life she does not recognize cause and effect. Plus, she needs to be close to us to hear our heartbeat and feel secure. During the day we put her in the basinet to get use to it and she was doing so well that about 2 nights ago we decided to give it another try. She has done really well in it now and sleeps for 2 1/2 hours at a time which is great (knocking very hard on wood).
We both wear ear plugs which may sound mean, but she makes all these cute little grunting noises that we can't sleep. So the ear plugs allow us to sleep a little plus I can still hear if she starts fussing since she's right next to the bed.

Anyway, that has been our world lately. We are really enjoying spending family time together and just bonding.
Okay, the little one is waking up so I better go :)

8 comments:

Emilie said...

glad to hear everyone is doing well. Thats funny about the ear plugs... :)

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

I'm so happy for you! She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Molly said...

Congratulations-- she's adorable!

Cami said...

Wahoo!! So glad she's here and everyone is doing fine.

Brandi said...

Ohmygosh- she is so beautiful Lindsey. And I want to hold her so badly! Hope you are doing well- All my love to MJ!!!!!

The Beavers said...

Hey Linds!! I'm dying to meet her. What is your email address? I hope you guys are hanging in there! The first few weeks are tough. When Cass went back to work I called him almost every day (in tears) begging him to come home (I've always been very dramatic). You'll be fine though:) and hopefully we will be moving up that way again and we can be stay-at-home mommy buddies!!

rls07 said...

So precious!!