Friday, March 20, 2009

1st Day of Spring and 1 month!

It's the first day of spring and true to Oregon, it's raining and cloudy today. Us Oregonians don't expect the rain to go away completely until late June or July, it's just how it is 'round these parts. Wednesday was actually beautiful out and we went for our first walk, it was wonderful to get outside and Bria enjoyed herself, after we took off her beanie. It was in the 60's and I bundled her up like we were going to the slopes so I think she was a little warm at first. The next 7 days are suppose to rain so I guess back in the house we go.


Anyway, back to the first day of spring, Bria is sporting her spring outfit today and she is so darn cute if I do say so myself. I'm not sure if the pants are really capris or if she has really long legs, I'm hoping for the latter for her sake (she doesn't want her moms short stubs). Her shirt says: "I just love springtime"

She is 1 month old today!

"Mom, I'm bored and tired"

"Are you listening to me mom or just taking pictures?"
"Mawwwwm! No more pictures!"

"Ah, you scared me"

Bria's face from 5 pm on:

I am trying to relax in the evenings and just know that Bria's fussy time is then, it's her way of relieving stress. It's hard to listen to her cry, that's for sure, I just want to fix it. My mom came over last night and just in time too, I passed Bria to her and she calmed her down right away. Nothing like the grandmother's touch I guess. Anyway, I was able to finish up some laundry which was nice.

This morning Bria was so fun, she coo'd for me and I even saw a few smiles! Which is funny because I was just saying to my mom how sad I was that she hadn't smiled yet. She also enjoyed her bath and was so pleasant through the whole thing...even getting dressed which she hates. Then she promptly went to sleep and slept like a baby on Aunt Jaime-who was in heaven.

Bria's 1st month:
Week 1-Little sleep and adjusting to life with a baby. But she was a good eater and gaining weight!
Week 2-A little easier, but still overwhelmed.
Week 3-Hard, maybe a growth spurt? Started getting fussy in the evenings. Also started looking at her mobile when she was in the swing.
Week 4-I've gained a little more confidence in being a mother which has been huge for me. She resists burping like it's the plague so I think her tummy gets upset. She smiled today a few times and it melted my heart. She also coo's a little which is music to my ears.

I want to get on a schedule so bad but I think it's still a little early. The nights aren't too terrible, some nights she goes 3 or 4 hours between feedings and some nights it's every 2 hours. She hates sleeping on her back so fortunately we have a positioner for her to sleep on her side. She sometimes likes her baths, sometimes hates them. She definitely does not like to be changed, although every once and awhile I catch her in a good mood and she doesn't mind it. I love when she lays on a blanket and just looks around, it's so much fun to watch her take in the world around her-everything is brand new.
We love her to pieces!

Let's hope this evening we all make it through (maybe a glass of wine will help me relax) and have a good sleepful night!

5 comments:

Emilie said...

How fun! Bria is getting so big, and she looks like she is long! I love the spring outfit and am glad that you could spend some time outside when it was 60 degrees! Hopefully it doesn't rain everyday! :)

Brandi said...

Ahh yes, evening fussy time. Fortunately I had you to come and hold Austin for me ;o) Bria is so stinking cute! I love the picture of her yawning. Hmmm, she's kind of making me want another baby...

Cala said...

Lins, Unfortunately it's a learning experience, but you seem to be doing great! Daigen was a really fussy and colicy baby. We had to eventually give him colic tablets and put acidophilus in his bottles to help calm his stomach down, that really seemed to help. And against my dr. he hated sleeping on his back so I tried putting him on his stomach during the his naps and when he was 2 mths he was sleeping on his stomach and was in heaven. Anyway if you want any other advice about a cranky baby I've got it all. Hope things get a little better!!! Love ya

Shannon said...

Aww, fussy times or not, she is so cute, L! I just love her! You are doing such a good job with her, Im proud of you :)

Sarah said...

You spoiled Oregonians had rain on your first day of spring? We Washingtonians had snow. Suck it Oregon! =D

Bria is gorgeous and you're doing such a great job. I'm really proud of you.

Sniff