Friday, December 09, 2016

Snow Day

Wednesday night at 9 pm I got a text from the school district saying there was no school on Thursday due to snow. When the girls woke up in the morning I told them the good news and they wanted to run outside right away. So I let them...

Something is missing from this Snow Day picture
 The snow took it's sweet time. But my girls were more than happy to ice skate for awhile.



 Then we headed to Lark's house so her and I could take turns going for a run. I went first and it started snowing pretty good towards the end. By the time I walked in her house and she got ready for her turn, the snow had absolutely dumped. So instead she did a workout inside and the kids played outside.
 We went home and drove up to the neighborhood kids playing and this beautiful site:
Straight out of a movie
 The girls had a blast. They did a snow ball fight with the other kids, pulled each other on sleds, and just had a grand old time. I could not get them inside, despite the frigid temperatures.

Finally at 4:30 pm I bribed them with a movie and popcorn. It was such a fabulous day and the girls were in heaven. Grateful we got some good snow already this year!

No comments: