Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Bria

Age: Nearly 5 years old (February 20th!)
Year: 2010

Year: 2013


Hair color: Dirty blonde, definitely starting to get darker
Likes: My Little Pony, Rainbows, Climbing all over her Dad (literally and figuratively), movies, playing make believe, dresses, Frozen, singing, horses, carrots, sugar snap peas, and chocolate
Dislikes: Loud noises, tights (she says they itch, but every once and awhile I can get her to wear them), most fruit, being cold
Favorites: Frozen (the movie), My Little Pony, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and all Disney movies she has seen so far









  Other random facts about our oldest:

She should be in theatre. She is very dramatic and has 1001 expressions. It is incredibly entertaining to just sit back and listen to her stories and watch her mind go all over the place. At times I think she has ADHD because of her lack of ability to concentrate, but I think it may just be a kid thing. Hopefully :)








Her favorite thing to do is imaginary play. Wether it's with Barbies, or little figurines she is always making up little scenarios. It is just like me as a child, I loved playing house. Although as an adult I find it hard to stay entertained by that, I would rather sit and color with her :)


Shakin' her bootie ;)






 She is very compassionate. She loves helping and encouraging people and I love her big heart. This also means she is very sensitive and gets emotional quite often. For example, she will come home from preschool and say, "The teacher helper said I couldn't have another cookie and it hurt my feelings." She uses the term "hurt my feelings" a lot. And it's often followed with tears.



 Also, the last week and a half has brought on a new and interesting phase I was not expecting. She suffers from extreme guilt. EXTREME. She will start crying hysterically, like cannot breath and after 20 minutes or so we can get her to calm down enough to tell us what is wrong. Usually this is what follows:

Bria: "Well..........the other day...............when you got mad at me.........I..........um............I.............um........wahhh!!!!!

Me/Brian: "Calm down, it's okay. We aren't mad."

Bria: "I called you poopy....in my head."

Me: (Dear Lord if she only knew what went through my head in a given day)

It got so bad that on Monday while she had been at preschool for an hour or so, I got a call from her teacher. Gulp. She said Bria had been crying most the day and just wasn't acting herself. Brian went and got her (thank goodness he happened to be working from home because I had Penny and it's hard to pack up both little girls) and after 45 minutes of him and her talking, she seemed to be feeling bad for a song or something she heard?? I don't really know, it's still a mystery. 
So I talked to Mrs. Biamont and asked her professional opinion. She basically confirmed what we had already been doing. Making her feel comfortable and letting her know that feeling/saying something in your head is okay and she doesn't need to feel bad about it. As long as she doesn't act on it. We need to assure her that we all have those thoughts and not to worry about it. Mrs Biamont did say it's good that she feels comfortable to tell us which I agree with. We don't get mad at her either, especially when the worst she thinks is that I'm poopy. Because let's face it, I'm no saint, I act poopy sometimes.
I am glad she feels comfortable to tell us, but I have to admit that it starts to get incredibly exhausting when she does it at least 200 times a day. And each time she is on the verge of tears of full on crying and I have to be calm and nice and not lose my patience. I feel bad she is worrying so much about it too, just go have fun kid!


 Aside from her extreme sensitivity and guilty conscience, she is always looking to have a good time and giggle. She loves to be tickled, loves being massaged, and loves jumping on the trampoline. We are starting swim lessons again for her on Monday and I can't wait, she has really been missing it. Also, I think we are going to try Tball in the spring and possibly soccer in the fall. I would also like to try out gymnastics or something, maybe in the summer.
I can't believe she will be 5 soon, such a big girl!! For her birthday we are going all out, having it at this Indoor park where the kids can run and play and be free. I got a bunch of the decorations and such which consist of a mix of rainbow and My Little Pony stuff. For her birthday we got her a big Cinderella doll, like the Costco size (it was on mega Clearance and Brian couldn't resist) and then her big present that she doesn't know about yet is that her and I are flying to Arizona!!!! She misses Bristol terribly (Lanie and family moved to Arizona last summer) and talks about going to Arizona daily. I cannot wait to tell her, she is going to be over the moon. We are going with Jenny and Jax too, spending time with our Grandma and all the family we have over there. 

Bristol and Bria at Bria's 3rd birthday






It should be a memorable birthday for her and that's what counts. Love my sensitive soul, my sweet Bria Boo.

1 comment:

LoAnn said...

She is a beautiful girl and so sweet. have a blast in Arizona with my girls. Wished I could come too!