Thursday, December 05, 2013

The Holidays are upon us

I am so excited that the Holidays are finally here, it means we get to see all our family and we get to see them often. It's just my absolute favorite. For Thanksgiving we headed down to Albany and had a big Thanksgiving with my side. We stayed at Jenny and Kyle's and it is always so much fun seeing the girls and Jax play together.


 Bria loves baby Jax and I think he likes all the attention and entertainment she provides for him. Reese and Jax will play adorably one minute and then one will do something the other is not fond of and then there's screaming. Usually Reese is the culprit, I tried to tell her that before she knows it he will be stronger and bigger than her but she doesn't quite get it yet.
Who doesn't love spinning in a computer chair?
 Thanksgiving morning the guys did their traditional shooting trip. Brian looks forward to it and we had been saving milk jugs for weeks to use as targets, amongst all their other stuff they shoot at. After they got home and cleaned up we all met at my Mom's for fantastic food.
Kyle and Brian in deep conversations

Kayla and Lance listening intently
 The nice thing is that since my parents get along and everyone is all cool,  we have Thanksgiving as one big family...both sets of parents. I do not take for granted how wonderful it is that they all get along and we are able to have big Holidays together and family vacations too.
My step-sister Alyssa and her husband, Eric, also came by for a little bit which was fun. They just had their baby girl, Isla, in September. She is ADORABLE. I might have stolen her before they even stepped foot in the door.
Funny story about Eric, I worked with him at OSU Federal Credit Union back in college. We worked the drive through together and became good friends. So fun that he married Alyssa and is now in the family!
Bria loves babies as much as I do

Proud Papa with his granddaughter
 Reese was in heaven with all her cousins around. She started going around and hugging all of them. It was really sweet.




My Mom and baby Isla, look at her little smile!!


Proud Daddy, Eric, with his little girl
I think I say it every time we get together with the family, but I just love it. It means so much to get to spend time with them and watch the cousins play together. Looking forward to Christmas!

No comments: