Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I went skyyyyydiving...

For Christmas I got Brian tickets for him and I to do Indoor Skydiving together. Its a relatively new thing (at least here in Portland) and it sounded pretty perfect. No need to jump out of an airplane, just step into a tube with fans blowing at 100 mph! 
We took the girls to check it out and what do you know, Bria was enamored. She wanted to go so badly and I couldn't say no, so Brian made reservations for him and Bria and they had a Daddy daughter date. 
Reese and I snuck in for the indoor skydiving part, because, well I'm her Mom and this is exciting and I will not miss a thing!

 She could not wait.
 I couldn't get over how cute these two looked all suited up.
You arrive early and go through a training with the other people in your group. They usually have groups of 10-12 doing it but we picked a slow time so there were only 4 of them doing it.
The instructor is there the whole time and is constantly adjusting your body position and helping.
Bria was INCREDIBLE. They say kids are naturals because they don't over think things and their body is more flexible so it assumes the correct position more easily.

You get 2, 1 minute turns. The last part of the 2nd turn you can have them take you up and turn which is so fun to watch and Bria had a blast. 


I can't say enough how proud I am of her. She was all smiles and had so much fun. Seeing her be so brave is inspiring.



No comments: