Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shasta

Well, we survived our first family vacation! Overall it went really well and I was pleasantly surprised for the most part on how well Bria did. Here is a little recap:

Sleeping: A+
Bria did awesome. The first 2 nights she went to bed at 8 pm and woke up around 7 or 7:30 am. It was wonderful and I was so happy. The third night she woke up at 4 am, I fed her and then she went back to sleep until 6:30 am. Not quite as good as the other nights but still not bad.

Driving: C-
Not a complete failure but way worse than I expected. She is normally so good in the car so I thought that would be fine, but I think going over the pass really hurt her ears so she screamed for about 2 hours on the way there. The good news is that it doesn't take 7 hours to get there, only 5 1/2. We made it in about 6 which is pretty good for having a 4 month old.
The way home she did a little better and at least slept more.

Boating: B-
Ok, the first trip out on the boat went really well. She was all smiles and loved it. We took her swim suit and diaper off and let her lay on a towel naked which she loved. We of course kept her shaded by placing her under the passenger dashboard and a towel above her, she just loved it and was so happy.
The second day however was rough. We anchored the boat with 2 others and were enjoying the sun and water. Bria was doing good for awhile but I think it was just too hot, she was overtired and we just couldn't get her to sleep. My mom, Brian, and I all took turns. Our friend Kim came over and was able to at least get her to stop crying by bouncing her on her knee. It worked for awhile which was a nice break. Then Bria went back to screaming her head off. I don't think she's ever cried for that long of a period. Finally we started the boat up and drove off, it took a few minutes but the hum of the boat and cool breeze put her to sleep. Once we got to the docks my mom and Randy headed up to camp but Brian and I stayed on the boat since Bria was sleeping. We layed her down under the passenger seat again and then chilled on the back of the boat. She slept for 2 hours which was so nice.

Overall: B+
I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time and it was wonderful. My mom helped a lot which made it so nice. Wednesday morning she stayed with Bria at the RV while Brian and I went boating with the Delgado's and Snodgrass'. Brian did the sky ski and wake surfed and I just did the wake surfing. I didn't do so well but that's ok, I still had fun and Brian did awesome. He even did a 360 on the wake surf which was awesome.
We both had a good time and are glad we went.

Now for the good stuff, pictures!

Bria chillin' under the passenger seat in the shade:

Lovin' on Grandma while mom and dad took a dip in the lake:

Family picture :)

She was talking up a storm and it was adorable (this is before she started screaming her head off):

Love the little smile on her face:

The hand on my chin melts my heart:

In the middle of her screaming fest Dad calmed her down for a few minutes:

Finally she took a nap while Brian and I hung out on the boat:

Wednesday was Hawaiian night:

Kim holding Bria while Kaitlyn says hi:

Aloha

My mom and Randy enjoying the delicious grub:

My little lady:

It feels good to be home and sleeping in our own beds. While Bria slept well, we didn't. We went to bed late, tossed and turned most of the night, and just missed our bed. So we are still trying to catch up on sleep but it was totally worth it.

8 comments:

L said...

Looks like I great time! & You look great!
Love the picture of You & Bria, adorable!!

Emilie said...

looks like a blast! its nice that you both were brave enough to go! Looks like overall Bria did great! Im sure you are looking forward to your next family trip! :)

Brandi said...

Yay! I am so glad it went well!!!!! You all deserved a nice trip to relax. And Bria is a great little traveller- I know adults that do worse than that ;o)

Danielle said...

Love the pictures!! I'm so glad the trip went well. We do the exact same things with Dillon when we are on our boat. Boating with a baby is a real challenge. Bria looks so comfy, though!

Lindsay said...

Looks like a blast! I'm glad you all had so much fun!

Tasha Coltrin said...

Ok you suck. Your baby is 4 month old and you look AWESOME in a bikini. I'm so jealous. Oh you are so lucky. I'm glad you guys had fun. Love ya. :)

Steph said...

I'm glad you had a great time!!! And wow, you look great for having a 4 months old! :)

Unknown said...

girl, your bikini bod is ROCKIN'!! so glad the trip went well and it looks like you all had a terrific time!