Saturday, November 16, 2013

Have a seat, take a load off

One of the things I love about our house is that we have a family room and living room, so basically we have a separate playroom where we can keep the toys. I love it. However, the playroom, which is right off the kitchen an dining room, is an odd shaped room so it makes furniture in there a little difficult to figure out. But that hasn't been too big of a problem because we didn't have another couch or even chairs to put in that room.
When we first moved in, this is what it looked like:

Eventually we moved the computer desk to the formal living room and added a shelving/cubby storage thing from Ikea:

But what we really wanted were places for people to sit. The Tegner's saved the day, they are rearranging their upstairs rooms and brought us their sofa and chairs! I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am. I played around with the furniture and I think I found an arrangement that looks good:
 I did end up taking out the blue chair on the right, it was too much furniture for the room. I am seriously in love with this room now.
I want to lighten it up and make it all cozy. Of course I go to pinterest for inspiration, here are the ones I LOVE:
The colors are so warm and relaxing

Obsessed with the neutrals and candles in this one

I like the touch of blue and the sparkle pillow
However, obviously the shape of our room and fact that we can't paint hinder our ability to make it look like these. But I can lighten it up with different frames and some pillows for the couch. I would love to find some cheap, sheer white curtains to hang too.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Lu I totally think just having the one blue chair works…that's how we had it when we lived in the 1 bdrm apt if you remember that at all. So glad it worked out for you guys!