Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Eating clean...er

I've recently become very interested in this whole clean eating thing and trying to incorporate lots more fruits and vegetables in our diet. It's a slow process but we are improving and it feels good. 

Improvements:
1. Brian and I normally snack every single night after the girls go to bed. And it's not good snacking, it's Oreos or chips or sweethearts, or all of the above. But, recently it has not been a nightly occurrence, just some nights.
2. Green smoothies in the morning-score for spinach!
3. Organic milk-We drink a lot of milk and reading about the hormones and crap they put in milk is ridiculous so we switched to organic. It's way more expensive so we have definitely cut down our consumption (Brian and I, not the girls).
4. Healthier dinner-I have been very conscious of making healthy substitutes for ingredients in dinner.
5. Whole grain bread, and eating less bread in general

Like I said, the improvements are small but I'm wildly against diets. We want to make permanent changes and making small changes helps. 

Bria has been having a good attitude about trying things. She tried pineapple the other day (remember, she is a veggie eater, not a fruit eater), it was the sweetest juiciest pineapple by the way, and she did not like it. She gagged but swallowed and said, "I tried it. I didn't like it, but I tried it." I can't tell you how proud I was, I made sure to make a huge deal of it and celebrate her victory. As long as she tries a bite I am thrilled.
She loves taking pictures
Reese on the other hand is at the stage where she wants to refuse everything. Initially she throws a big fit but if I ignore her she will take a bite. Stinker. However, overall she is a good eater.

On a walk with Weston, imitating the barfing pumpkins

:sigh: When did she get so big?

Weston came over the other day to hang out for awhile, we love him dearly
Other than our attempt at eating better, it's the same old with the Holcombs. The weather has turned to drab and I'm kicking myself for not having family pictures taken, I feel like I missed the window. Ugh. We are long overdo for family pictures, I like to do them one a year and it's been a year and a half. Tisk tisk!

No comments: