Monday, November 11, 2013

A night out

I was blessed to be born into an awesome family. I have two older sisters and despite what some might think, my Dad was not disappointed when I came out and the doctor announced, "It's a girl!" which was the third time he heard that. Then 6 years later we were blessed with Lance. Him and my Dad have a unique bond and are very close. And also he has lots of "moms" to tell him what to do, he loves it. 
Anyway, we were long past due for a little girls night. Not just a few hours, but an overnighter. I headed down to Albany Saturday morning (this was a week ago now, I'm behind) and Kayla (sister-in-law who fits in perfectly, it's like there was always a missing piece and she completed the puzzle), my Mom and I went for a hike. Afterwards I took a little snoozy and then we got ready for Happy Hour at the Vault. 
We had fabulous drinks and ran into to no other than my high school cheerleading coach whom I absolutely adore. I wish I would've thought to get a picture with her! 

 We had a fabulous time and my Mom and I learned that we do NOT like spicy cocktails, while Jenny and Kayla do.
After that we went back to my Mom's, got in our comfy clothes, and settled down for lots of chit chat. My Mom made us drinks, got us blankets, and was always making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. She is the hostess with the mostess. 


"You want one?"

"Nah, they iz mine!"


We made it until midnight which is super awesome. I got to sleep in and enjoy a quiet breakfast with my Mom :) Then her and I watched the Heat, hilarious!!! And too soon I headed out so I could go get some Jax time in with the Tegners.
On my way home I stopped by the Heritage Mall because I haven't been there in forever. I did a little shopping alone and then drove home. 
I had such a great weekend and I want to do it again ASAP. Brian and the girls had a great time and when I got home Reese didn't want to leave Brian's side. Daddies girl for sure.

Last week I made a chore chart for the girls, I feel it's time to instill a little responsibility in them. Mainly Bria, but Reese can kind of tag along and learn too :)
"Ta dah!"
 I got the girls a little broom to do sweeping and the rest of the chores are pretty simple: Make bed, clean up toys, wipe (wipe down kitchen cupboards, baseboards, that kind of thing), homework, clean room. It's working pretty well but we need to get into more of a routine so this week I will be writing up a little daily schedule for us.

Yesterday Jenny and Kyle drove up to drop off a couch and chairs they no longer need. I have been dying to have some sitting room in our playroom so I was thrilled. Plus, we got to see Jax!
We put him to work right away ;)


 And the teeth monsters are visiting Reese right now, poor girl is miserable. She handled most of her teeth pretty well but I believe these are the two year molars coming in and they are doing a number on her. She just wants to cuddle and is not sleeping well at night.
Aunt Jenny didn't mind the cuddles


Alright, I need to go be productive and stuff!

3 comments:

LoAnn said...

Such cute pictures!

LoAnn said...

I miss you girls and your mom so much. Wished I was closer to be a part of "Girls Night"

Lulu said...

We wish you did too LoAnn!!! We love and miss you lots.