Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No sleep 'til...Brooklyn!!

Actually the title should say, No NAPS 'til...Brooklyn!!
Our little Miss Bria thinks naps are overrated these days and likes to fight them. I was hoping she would get Brian's desire to sleep whenever there is a dull moment, but alas she seems to be like me and doesn't want to waste the day sleeping. I can't blame her.

It's been pretty chilly here so our heater is in full force. I put Bria in the warmest PJ's possible to help her sleep nice and warm plus I set the thermostat about 6 degrees warmer than I did when it was just Brian and I. I don't want her cute little toes getting cold.

Meal time is one of my favorite times with Bria, she is the best little eater. She LOVES food. She now is having a blast eating Cheerios and MJ loves Cheerio time since half of them end up on the floor. Bria loves hearing the little click of MJ's nails on the hardwood floor and looks for her when she hears them.

Let's see, nothing much to report here. We have Bria's 9 month appointment next week so I am looking forward to finding out her stats and also having a shot-free appointment! Although apparently her heel is still getting pricked for blood tests or something.

It is amazing to me that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, that means Christmas is so close! I am really looking forward to Bria's first Christmas, I think I'll need a new memory card in the camera just for the month of December.
Brian and I figured out how we are going to do the Holidays from now on since we have a little one. I am so happy to have found a solution because going to 4 families in 2 days is exhausting for Brian and I, let alone dragging Bria around. Here it is:

One year:
Christmas Eve-Brian's Mom's house
Christmas Day-My Dad's house

The Next year:
Christmas Eve-My Mom's house
Christmas Day-Brian's Dad's house

We'll spend Christmas morning as a family, just the 3 of us opening presents in our pj's. Then we will head out and go to one of the Grandpa's houses. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I love that we'll be able to enjoy our time and not feel rushed.

I forgot to post pictures of MJ and Bria in their Halloween costumes together. We realized we forgot to take some on Halloween so we took some the next day:

"Don't move MJ, there's something on your head."

"What am I suppose to do now?"


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Those costumes are adorable! The pics crack me up!:)

The Beavers said...

I know what you mean about hitting four houses in two days being exhausting...we revamped our plan of attack too. We are also having Christmas morning home as a family and I'm SO excited!!! Bria is getting so big and cute as always. We look forward to her 9month stat update:)

Leslie Collins said...

Adorable costumes.

The holidays are always hard when you are married and even harder with kids. We have just learned that we can't please everyone.

Sarah said...

So glad you found a solution that works for you for the holidays! It's a rough time of year to be stressed about pleasing everyone.

Adorable photos. =D