Friday, November 20, 2009

9 months

Bria has now been outside the womb as long as she was inside the womb. The other day I was telling Brian how I miss being pregnant, I really do. But nothing beats holding my little one while she cuddles up on my chest.

Now that Bria is 9 months she is ALMOST doing a lot of things:
  • Almost crawling. She has crawled backwards a couple times, it's also her way of sitting up.
  • Almost standing on her own. She will hold on with just one hand now.
  • Almost has long enough hair to put a clip in.
  • Almost doing better with not throwing up.
Here is the stuff that she is doing:
  • Goes from sitting to laying down, to sitting again, all by herself
  • Waving hi and bye to people (cutest thing ever)
  • Saying da-da, ba-ba, ma-ma (sometimes), yeah, and making all sorts of other cute noises
  • Walking when we hold onto her hands
  • Making herself laugh (so hilarious)
  • Mimicking us
  • Gets frustrated when she can't get a toy she wants (oh what fun that is ;)
  • Still wearing size 3 diapers
  • Wears 9 month clothes. She still has a few 6 month outfits that fit her, but also wears a few 12 months pants to give her big belly room :)
  • Likes toys that light up and make noise
  • LOVES reading. Books are her favorite
  • Eating: nurses 3 or 4 times a day, eats solids 2 or 3 times a day, drinks water a couple times a day.
  • Eats Cheerio's all by herself

She was charming everyone at her doctor's appointment today, she's such a sweetheart. Everything went pretty good, here are her stats:

Weight: 18 lbs 2.5 ounces-40th percentile
Height: 28 inches-70th percentile
Head: 17.5 inches-60th percentile
My happy girl:
She is still having lots of vomiting episodes so we talked about that a lot. We are going to move on from Zantac and try Prevacid. She seemed to be very optimistic about the Prevacid, I'm still skeptical but hopeful. If the Prevacid isn't helping we'll try doing both the Prevacid and Zantac. I was too chicken to ask if those failed. I also asked when I could expect Bria to start growing out of it and she said usually around 12-15 months. I pray that is the case (or even sooner!). I also pray that Prevacid works, all this throwing up is really bad for her esophagus. We did talk about how it's good that she is still gaining weight (which is why they call her a happy spitter). It's funny because she'll have good days where she barely spits up and on those days I think, "Yay it's getting better!" Then the next day she vomits about a dozen times and I cry. But hopefully the Prevacid helps!

She was clapping for herself in this picture:

Everything else was great, she is meeting her milestones and is looking good. She fortunately didn't have any shots, yay! But they did prick her toe to get some blood and test her iron level. She did really well though, she didn't cry, just showed us her bottom lip and tried grabbing the bandaid.
We love our little girl and are beyond excited for her first Holiday season. I know she won't remember it but WE will so I want to spoil the crap out of her. I'm planning on going shopping on Black Friday to find lots of toys and clothes for her, anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

nelsonjeneen said...

We did Prevacid with Jared and it really worked! Hope all goes well.
Jill

flojat said...

Aw, what a happy baby and a great checkup!