Thursday, November 05, 2009

Men can be too rational sometimes

I was throwing MJ's rope for her and she got a little excited. She stood on her hind legs and took off...pushing against Bria's face.


I swooped up my poor crying baby and held her. She cried in my shoulder and I rocked her and sang. At this point I didn't know what the damage was because she buried her face on me. When she finally calmed down and looked up at me I nearly fainted.






I called Brian freaking out and wondering what to do. Guys are so rational, sometimes too rational. I wish he would've freaked out a little more but he said the most rational thing ever: "Take her to the ER or put Neosporin on it."

Fine. But aren't you scared to hear your daughter is dripping blood from her EYE?! Well ok, it wasn't dripping, but still, there's BLOOD there!! Your dog viciously attacked your little girl, aren't you mad?! Well ok, MJ had no idea she hurt Bria and didn't mean to do it, but still, she scratched her!!
Whatever, that didn't help.

Bria was totally over it about 5 minutes later and playing with her toys. Meanwhile I am inspecting it with a microscope and wondering what to do. I put neosporin on it and continued to do so twice a day since it happened (Monday).
Today it's barely visible.

Darn Brian and his rational advice.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hahaha. I love it! I'm glad she's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor baby! Eye injuries are the worst! Natalie fell in the tub one time and fell directly into the tub on her eye. I freaked out; she cried for aboug half a second. LOL. They are way tougher than their mommas!!

Audrey said...

Haha, I love it! Poor sweet Bria!

Emilie said...

Ouch! Glad that Bria is okay... and you too!

Danielle said...

Dillon got scratched by the cat right above his eye just before a pedi appointment! These things happen. I totally know how you feel though. :-)

Kristin said...

Awwww...I am glad she is okay!

Carly said...

ohhh how scary! Thank God it wasn't an inch higher- glad it is healing well

Mary said...

Aw, poor little Bria!! I'm glad she's feeling better!

Kris and MaLanie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I totally would've reacted the same way. I definitely would've freaked out and cried but we are so similar (remember fingernail clipping?) I'm glad Bria is fine now and that it healed so well.

Sarah said...

Poor Bria! I bet MJ would be so upset if she knew what she had done. Glad B is ok, and Brian is so calm.