Monday, January 12, 2009

What is heat like?

I can't remember what it's like to have a warm house. Would you believe we still don't have a working furnace? Apparently the part did not come in at all last week so we are still wearing our winter jackets in the house. The heating company gave us space heaters which was nice of them. Unfortunately our downstairs is one big open room so those space heaters don't really do a lot, unless we want to pay $500 in our electric bill. Oh well, they do help when you sit right next to them, which is what we do in the evenings.
Brian got a call today that the part did finally come in so now we'll see when we can be home to have them install it. Never thought this would be such a long process! Not that I'm eager to get rid of $400-500, but still, I'd really like some heat. I have to admit, through this whole ordeal, the one thing both Brian and I are very grateful for is that Bria is still warm in my womb. I'm not sure what we would've done if she was on the outside when this happened, our house is not a suitable temperature for a baby!

At this point in time I'm feeling very unmotivated at work and ready to just be done. It doesn't help that I feel overwhelmed with things to do at home to prepare for Bria's arrival. I know part of my to do list is my nesting instinct kicking in and wanting to organize the entire house inside and out, but some of it is essential. I just like to be ready way ahead of time and I thought for sure we would be 100% ready at this point in the pregnancy (8 months). I started to stress yesterday and Brian told me to lay down and take a nap, surprisingly I was able to get to sleep and it did help. Although it caught up with me last night when I laid there trying to go to bed for over an hour and then tossed and turned all night. My mind just wouldn't stop racing!

So far Brian's class this term is going well. He has had the professor before and really likes him which is a huge help. To me that is what makes it or breaks it. I got an A in calculus because I had the best professor ever. I would've gotten a 4.0 for sure if he had taught all my classes, he was that engaging. He made all his lessons so interesting that you wanted to pay attention. Plus, I am a nerd and sit in the front which forces me to listen. Anyway, I'm hoping this class will give him enough time to work and be a daddy :-)

Alright, that's it for now, hopefully my next post will be more exciting and have good news about our furnace.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry you all don't have heat! I hope you all can meet up with the repair man soon!

Kristin said...

I am so sorry you don't have heat! That sucks! Hope it is back to working soon!

Sarah said...

BRRRRR! Get warm soon girl.

Sniff

Emilie said...

Hope you have heat now. Thanks for the hugs! :) I needed them. Im going to have to read those Twilight books....

also, you should fix your blog so when you post a coment, I can just email you back. Right now your email isn't there. Just a though! You do it through your settings.