Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Fun

We went out to dinner Saturday night to celebrate Jenny and Kyle's birthdays and had a good time. Kyle's parents joined us and it's always fun to see them, with all of us together there's lots of laughter and fun.

Here are my Dad and Anna:


Brian and I (this was our 3rd attempt at a picture of us, Brian likes to be difficult)


Lance in the background being goofy-Jenny and Kyle (Kyle is being hidden-not intentionally!)


Lance ordered a peanut butter dream cake for dessert and let me have some. Oh. My. Goodness. I was in heaven, it was so stinkin' good. But I'm glad I didn't order one for myself because I probably would've finished it and that is just wrong. So I was able to still enjoy the dessert without feeling too terribly guilty. Man do I love peanut butter and chocolate together.

Anyway, happy birthday to my wonderful sister Jenny. I think if I had to describe her in one word it would be sunshine. That may seem weird but I have my reasons:
1. Her smile is forever bright and incredibly contagious
2. She is so much fun to be around and is so positive
3. Her gorgeous hair

Of course there is a way longer list of all the wonderful things about Jenny, but those are the ones that make me think of sunshine when I think of Jenny.
She is currently working her little butt off to get into the dental hygiene program and I'm so proud of her. Love you sis!

Kyle's birthday is coming up and I can't say enough how grateful we are to have him in our family, he just fits. He has made Jenny so incredibly happy and for that we are forever thankful to him. I'm forever thankful all our husbands are so close-and I think Lance likes having 3 older brothers...sometimes ;)

My other brother in law, Schuyler, also has a birthday this month (it's a busy month in our family!) and I can barely remember the time before Schuyler was a part of our family. He just fits perfectly. And he is seriously such an amazing Dad, second only to my Dad (and soon he'll have to be 3rd since Brian is going to be a Dad soon).

Happy Birthday to all my peeps!

Things are going well at the Holcomb house, we are just plugging along taking it one day at a time. I had yesterday off and my mom and I enjoyed a trip to Target. We got some great stuff in preparation for Bria and I love marking things off my to do list, it feels wonderful.

The weather here has been UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously, I am in heaven. It's still chilly outside but it is sunny and blue sky all day, I just love it. It's making my walks even more enjoyable and it's not hard to be motivated to get outside and go. The cool crisp air is refreshing and my skin is thankful to finally get some vitamin D.

Alright, that's all for now, here's to a great week :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny has ALWAYS been one of my favorite people to spend time around because she has such a sunny attitude that always makes me feel so much better. I haven't seen her in so long, but I still just adore her!