Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A reason to celebrate

We finished paying off my student loans! That's right, I do not owe any more money to those who helped fund my college experience. It's a wonderful feeling.
Don't be too jealous though, we still have Brian's student loans to pay off, and that is our Mt. Everest. Although we think we may have solved our little problem with his master's tuition. Chase accepted his application for a student loan! It is a 7% interest which is no where near as good as his 2% interest on his other student loans. But it'll be a small amount in the scheme of things and it allows him to continue getting his master's.
So all and all we are hanging in there and feel truly grateful for a solution to our stress.

It's Valentine's this weekend and to celebrate Brian offered to take me to a movie: Confessions of a Shopaholic. Is he not the best? I read all the books and loved them so I was so excited when they made it into a movie. Brian does have to work a little bit that day, but we'll still have the evening. Other than a movie we'll probably just hang out, go for some walks :)

And because I have lacked taking pictures I'm posting a random one. It is from the day after my baby shower and Brian is putting together the swing that Heather and Amy got us, we absolutely love it! Would you believe I forgot to take a picture of the completed swing? I'll do that ASAP.

Such a cute Dad:


This is what the swing looks like, we absolutely LOVE it!

I love the colors, they are calming and blend well in the living room. Plus, a huge bonus is that it matches the bouncer we have :) It swings from side to side, and then you can turn it and it swings back and forth. It's just perfect and I know Bria will love it.

3 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

How fun! I remember putting all of our baby stuff together. It made everything feel so real.

Way to go on paying off yoru loans. Mine are awful. I feel like we will never get them paid off.

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy you all got brian's school loan figured out. I know 7% isn't as good as 2%, but it will be totally worth it in the end!

Carly said...

that must feel great!!! and which swing is that? i looked on the BRU website and didn't see it, i like how neutral it is so it would fit in- the only thing similar i saw is the lamb one