Friday, August 08, 2008

What a relief

It's so nice to have the cat out of the bag, I feel like I've been holding in our baby secret for months! When in reality it's been like 6 weeks.
Thanks everyone for the heartfelt congratulations, we are truly thrilled beyond words and feel so blessed. I've dreamt about becoming a mother and raising a family with my hubby and it is so surreal that it is finally happening. We are so so happy. I'll try to keep most of the baby stuff to our baby blog, but I have a feeling some of it will slip in here since I can see my thoughts revolving around this little one :)

In other news, Breaking Dawn came out, the last and final book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. Oh. My. Gosh. I still have about a hundred pages to go (it's 750 total, I love big books!) but I LOVE it and could not have thought of a better way to wrap up Edward and Bella's story. Hopefully I still feel this way when I finish, but I seriously love it and have no complaints. Brian called this morning and said the top 15 books list came out: 1. Breaking Dawn 2. Eclipse 4. Twilight 6. The Host 13. New Moon
Can you believe it?! All of Stephenie's books are in the top 15, that is how good she is and how good the books are. Simply addicting.


Brian is plugging along in school, he doesn't have too much longer until this term is over and then he gets a couple weeks off, thank goodness. I'm so proud of him for getting his masters, but I truly can't wait until he's done and has more time to play :)

So I want to finish decorating our guest room before baby comes. Nothing extravagant, just a matching comforter set and some paint. However, I don't know what color scheme to use, I tossed around grey and yellow but I'm not sure. Any advice on color schemes or places where I could get ideas is much appreciated!

4 comments:

Kari said...

I loved Breaking Dawn too. It was so different to me than the other books. That was a good thing though. I think I'm getting more excited for the movies now. I hope they do all 4! Maybe 5, to break up the last book into more realistic chunks.

Marissa said...

Congrats Lindsey! I didn't know you were pregnant, I bet you are so excited :)

Kellie said...

Congrats to both of you :)

I read Breaking Dawn this week too. I couldn't put it down until I was finished! It was sooooo good... Now I can't wait for the movie!

Shannon said...

I just wanted to let you know I miss you :)