Tuesday, January 29, 2013

15 months (but really 16 months)

I scheduled Reese's 15 month appointment awhile back and I don't think the girls scheduling excels in mathematics because she said it had to be after January 26th...Reese was born on September 21st...yeah I don't get it either.
But oh well, she had her appointment yesterday and is looking superb:

Head: 18.5 inches (60th percentile)
Length: 30.5 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs 6 oz (5th percentile)

No wonder she falls over and bonks her head all the time, all her weight is in her head! The doctor was concerned about her weight, when I told her she eats like a horse and out-eats her older sister at every meal she was very pleased to hear that and said as long as she is eating well than it's not something to worry about. She did say to switch to whole milk for her to try and add a little weight.
I did have her look at her birthmark because I'm concerned it's changing. She has a large birthmark on her right shoulder and there are a few different colors to it, it has black hair growing out of it (poor girl!), and it's incredibly sensitive...I have to put ointment on it twice a day or it gets very bumpy and dry. The good news is that it doesn't bother her at all. She referred us to a dermatologist so that we can keep on eye on it and said it's possible that a ways down the road they would remove it. Brian and I talked that we would like it to be her decision whether she wants it removed or not.

Alright, more stuff about Reese at this age:

  • Great sleeper, she goes down incredibly easy for naps and bedtime, it is AWESOME! Naps are usually around 12:30 and she sleeps about 2 hours, at nights it's 7:30-7:30, praise God!
  • Copies everything Bria does
  • Wants me to read books to her all day long, she will grab a book walk over to me and back it up onto my lap. 
  • Claps when you finish singing a song
  • Is a pretty good eater, she has gotten a little picky but nothing compared to her older sister...or her Dad :)
  • Says quite a few words although most are only understood by Brian and myself
  • She does understand quite a bit and listens pretty well
  • Thinks the bath is a great place to poop (Seriously, Bria has NEVER pooped in the bath so this is new to me...and gross)
  • Carries around a baby most the time and will kiss her every once in awhile, it's so precious. Then she rolls around on the ground with it, puts a diaper on, and wraps it in a blanket, such a lover.
  • Loves to be chased and tickled
  • Doesn't seem to have a volume button, she only knows VERY LOUD
  • Demands a kiss and hug from Brian when he leaves for work and screams for joy when he gets home
  • Is a tornado and makes a mess wherever she goes :)
Bria told me the other day:
"Mom, thanks for carrying Reese in your belly."
It was so sweet. Then she had me rolling on the floor when she said this:
"Thanks for pushing a funny baby out."
Wow, I don't even know how she knows some of this stuff. But I'm glad I pushed a funny baby out too :)

Can't believe it's been 16 months since this

How did this tiny little baby newborn
 

 Turn into this spunky monkey?


Crazy!

2 comments:

Kris and MaLanie said...

Bristol used to poop in the bath all the time too! It's so annoying! I don't understand why Reese and Brinley aren't chubby with as much food as they eat. I'm also thankful you pushed a funny baby out. And I wish you would push out another one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Reese is too cute!! :) Gabriel claps after we sing too.

Sara