Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Taking flight

We are getting ready to head down to Arizona later this week for my Grandpa's funeral. I am so excited to see my family and give my Grandma a hug, although I wish it was under better circumstances of course. This will be Bria's first plane ride and fortunately we got a direct flight there and back so it's only 2 1/2 hours each way. We'll see how she does, we fly in the morning so I don't think she'll fall asleep in flight which would've been nice. Hopefully we can keep her occupied enough and if not we'll just give her some wine while no one is looking.
I kid.

My cousin, Lanie, and her little girl, Bristol, came down the other week to spend the whole day with us and I was so excited. I didn't want them to leave, we were just having so much fun and the girls played pretty darn well together. Although Bria loved pointing to Bristol's pretty brown eyes and she is not as soft as she thinks she is.
Anyway, we had so much fun with them and wish we were next door neighbors, we would live at each other's house if that was the case. We even got to skype with Lanie's Mom, my Aunt LoAnn (hi Aunt LoAnn!) and that was so fun, you can tell they skype a lot because Bristol was grinning from ear to ear at her Mia :) She made me take off Bria's pants so she could see her chunky thighs and compare them to mine when I was a baby. She thinks I was even chunkier than Bria :) I was a fatty!

Cutie pie, Bristol.

They loved the refrigerator magnets.

The closest I got to both of them looking at the camera.

Bria plotting to take the cell phone away.

So glad they came down and spent the day with us.

We had a nice Memorial Day weekend and were able to get out of the house a few times, but weren't overly busy. Brian worked on his final project all.day.long yesterday. Seriously, the poor guy sat in our uncomfortable desk chair from about 9 am to 4:30 pm. We both kept reminding ourselves that he is ALMOST DONE.
As for me, I'm starting to pack for Arizona so we don't forget anything that we could possibly need, but also trying to squish it all in 1 suit case because we can't afford to check another bag (I loathe that airlines are charging for bags now). It's a big challenge but I'm going to do it.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wish you were flying under better circumstances. I hope being with your family brings you comfort! I want all the details on the big flight. Dillon will be having his first plane ride at some point this summer when we go to FLA!

Brandi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope being with your family in Arizona makes things a little bit better. And the best of luck on your plane flight!!

Kayla Armstrong said...

I hope you guys have a safe trip! You all are in my prayers. can't wait for you guys to get home! See you soon!